Nature's Valley beach & lagoon
Tsitsikamma National Park
Canopy Tree Top
Polo @ Kurland
Things to do in our area
We are next to Tsitsikamma National Park in the Vasselot section on your way to Nature's Valley. This area of the Garden Route is one of South Africa's premier adventure destinations. Well known for the excellent walking trails in the forest or along the beach.
Please ask at reception or during breakfast when you're staying at Lily Pond Country Lodge for information, directions and local tips.
We can assist you or book your day-time activities and tours in our region.
Here are some activity ideas:
Places to see
Plettenberg Bay • Tsitsikamma National Park • Stormsriver Mouth / Otter trail • Big Tree - Robberg Nature Reserve • Monkey Land • Tenikwa Cat Sanctuary • Birds of Eden • Elephant Sanctuary • Keurbooms river • Nature's Valley beach & lagoon
Things to do
Whale and Dolphin watching • Hiking • Golf • Polo • Horse riding • Bungy jump • Africanyon • Mountain biking • Boating • Fishing • Tree Top Canopy Tours - Wine Estates - Polo
Please ask during breakfast how we can help you to plan your day.
Explore Tsitsikamma National Park
‘Tsitsikamma’ is probably an ancient Khoi word meaning sparkling waters - and with its indigenous fynbos and forests, rivers, streams, and deep river gorges tumbling down into the Indian Ocean, the Tsitsikamma National Park is the garden of the Garden Route.
We have done them all, so please ask us for best routes, times and tips during breakfast
- Otter Trail
- Kalanderkloof Trail
- Salt River Trail
- Groot Rivier Trail
- The Point Trail
- Face Adrenalin Bloukrans Bungy: bungi from the world’s highest commercial bungy bridge - 216 meters (709 feet) above the Bloukrans River. Bridge walking tours also available.
- Tsitsikamma Canopy Tours: Stormsriver Adventures’ fun and informative tours of the indigenous forest – by foefie slide, from tree to tree in the forest canopy.
- Tsitsikamma Woodcutters Journey: experience the indigenous forest from the comfort of specially designed vehicles - down the old Stormsriver Pass, along an elephant trail, passing yellowwoods and stinkwoods...
- Tsitsikamma Black Water Tubing: five-hour-long tubing, paddling, and swimming adventures.
- Untouched Adventures: scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking, kloofing
Garden Route National Park
The 144,000 hectare Garden Route National Park - one of South Africa’s largest national parks - protects a range of habitats: from the Outeniqua Mountains to the country’s largest block of Afro-Mountain forest with unique areas of sandstone fynbos, rocky and beautiful sandy shores. Tsitsikamma National Park is Africa’s oldest and largest marine protected area.
Wildlife in the Park includes more than 250 species of birds the only free-ranging herd of African elephants.
Attractions in the Park include:
Golf in Plettenberg Bay
- Goose Valley Golf Club: 72 par, 18-hole course designed by Gary Player. Kikuyu fairway with bentgrass greens. 20 km from Lilypond
- Plettenberg Bay Country Club: 18 hole par 72 golf course in a private nature reserve. A parklands course – with no houses overlooking the greens or fairways - with kikuyu fairways and bayview greens over-seeded to bent grass. The club also has two bowling greens and four all-weather tennis courts. Visitors welcome. 26 km from Lilypond